Saturday, October 1, 2011

Vegan MoFo: Day 1

Hello everybody, it's my first Vegan MoFo, so bear with me while I figure this thing out. The plan is to post 5 days a week, not necessarily week days due to student-y things happening. So anyway, since today is the first day of MoFo I decided I'd start off with a bang. The things I post here won't always be this elaborate.They may however, be better lit. iPhone + fluorescent lighting does not make for the best picture.
Today was the first Saturday of the academic year, so I had a bit of time on my hands. What you see here is a pumpkin polenta (inspired by tofu n sproutz) pan fried and then served with baked tofu (loosely based on AFR) over a bed of arugula and drizzled with black pepper thyme gravy (Vegan Diner). It was delicious. It was followed by a mug brownie with strawberry ice cream (not pictured due to ugly).

7 comments:

  1. NOM! That looks delicious.
    Happy MoFo'ing.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The black pepper thyme gravy sounds delcious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwah-haha! Not pictured due to ugly! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO EXCITED that you're actually doing this. HOLY FREAKING SPACEBALLS. AstroNomz!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I read that you were doing this on the PPK & had to head over to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah "not pictured due to ugly" love it!

    I'm also intrigued by the idea of pumpkin in polenta. Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete