Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 9: Losing steam/plague eats

So basically, I'm not going to make it to 20 posts this month.  And I'm okay with that.  Sorry if you're not.  I have too much on my plate as a student right now.  I'm sorry, guys.

So on to today's topic:  What to eat if you're sick and a college student?  Right now I'm really sad because falafel is on the menu tonight and even though CDS falafel is awful, it's better than 90% of what other things they serve.  And I probably won't be able to eat it due to illness.  Boo.

Anyway, therein lies the problem.  Yes, school provides one vegan option a day.  However, what do you do when you're at school and all you want is vegan comfort food because you're ill and tired and everything hurts.  Well, I make soup.  Since I'm feeling so awful I went to Trader Joe's and picked up a couple of instant miso soup bowls.  They're not the greatest, but they do the job and my fridge is pretty empty.  That shit is expensive and I'm not going to sit around eating it all day.  So I present to you the world's simplest sick soup.

You make it like so:  Take a mug.  Place a tablespoon of chicken flavoured broth powder in mug.  Pour boiling water in mug.  Immediately stir in heaping tablespoon of miso.  Add garlic powder and shichimi (or spicy condiment of your choice) until you can taste it.  Inhale.  This has dual effect of you being able to taste it and you being able to breathe for a short time.


This is not an impressive soup.  Therefore, it looked prettier with hipstamatic.  Don't judge.

2 comments:

  1. Dude, you are so awesome just for starting this blog. Take care of yourself and post when you have something to post about! Don't worry about the numbers thing. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, Eric! I just nominated you for a Liebster award--congrats! Perhaps it'll clear up that nasty little cold of yours. But it never hurts to drink a glass of water mixed with minced ginger (I swear, it works).
    http://farmersmarketvegan.wordpress.com/2011/10/22/vegan-mofo-15-passing-on-the-liebster-love/

    ReplyDelete