Friday, October 14, 2011

Vegan MoFo Day 7: Backdated dinner


Guys, I am so so sorry. I've had a horrible week and have barely been sleeping, let alone staying on top of blogging. I have a huge presentation tomorrow about the research Caltech and the Smithsonian paid me for this summer and on top of that I've had three horrifically difficult problem sets and astronomy commitments. I'm sorry. So in order to try and make it up to you, here's what I ate last Sunday:


Hey, look. I made a lopsided Saturn out of quinoa! With creamy tomato and goddess dressing for the rings. I know, I know. Not impressive, not even appetising looking. And the rings are lopsided and I have no idea how many fucking rings Saturn has. I'm a terrible astrophysics major, but I'm not in planetary sciences so I'm excused, right?

Anyway, this was delicious. It was basically a quinoa pilaf that I made with some combination of cumin, coriander, and paprika. It had mushrooms, garlic, and these tiny heirloom tomatoes I found at Trader Joes in it. I have no idea what I did because it was the middle of the night and I failed to write it down. Sorry!

I was a good deal more excited about the brussels sprouts, though, since as you can see they're still on the branch. This seemed like a good idea at the time, but a pain to eat since brussels sprout vines are tough to cut through with a table knife. This was tossed in earth balance, oregano, and vegetable oil and roasted at 400 for about 45 minutes or so. Very tasty.

2 comments:

  1. YOU MADE A QUINOA SATURN?!!

    That is the coolest shit ever. You win.

    Also, someone should start a band called Quinoa Saturn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! And I am a huge fan of Brussels sprouts!

    ReplyDelete